In the fall of 2007 when publication of Brewing Battles was imminent I knew I wanted to have a website. I settled on Networks Solutions to host my site, primarily because it seems like setup would be easy, I would not have to learn html, and I could have a blog on the site.
Hindsight is twenty-twenty and I now realize I was overly optimistic. I have had to learn some html; to maintain this WordPress blog I will have to learn css. In addition, Network Solution only half-heartedly supports the blog since within Image Café, its non-html web building software, you can’t actually have true external links.
In trying to acquire a deeper knowledge about websites and blogging, I have turned to books and online forums. I have had mixed results. Books such as the “dummies” series usually have general information but rarely address a specific concern or problem. The same is usually true for online forums. The WordPress documentation and support, so far, has been useless. Since I have had little success in finding answers ,I may have to write my own book. I always assume that I am not unique and other people probably have the same issues.
From my first posting on this WordPress blog to this one ,I have learned how to put spaces between paragraphs. You have to place a string of code after each paragraph. I find it very odd that in Microsoft Word you just hit enter, but for the blog I had to spend several hours figuring out how to get the space. Now every time I write more than one paragraph I will have to include the code. If someone could make blogging as easy as word processing they would make a lot of money and people would be eternally gratefully. At the very least I would be.
- Subscribe via RSS
What I am Doing
- Happy Thanksgiving! about 8 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- I agree. #MeToo #ResistTrump #ResistFascism https://t.co/1Y6MQ9NfTa 10:09:15 PM November 22, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- I am so glad Jordan and Lindsey won. #DWTS 10:59:42 PM November 21, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- If Trump is our president for the full four years, we may not have a country by the end. #ResistTrump #ResistFascism 03:34:00 PM November 21, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Trump's the turkey. #ResistFascism #ResistTrump 01:07:17 PM November 21, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Who do people believe now? Anita Hill or Clarence Thomas. I believe her. He should resign. #MeToo 10:57:03 PM November 20, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- I should also mention that I let someone named Lovely remote access my computer and nothing happened. This went on… https://t.co/P2u65Mcar3 10:42:19 PM November 20, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite